Dental Center - Dr. Travis Gillespie, DDS Receives Small Business Award
Wednesday, December 14, 2022
The Dental Center began in Hutchinson at 200 E. 30th Ave in the late 1960’s. It was a well-established practice when Dr. Gillespie purchased in the Fall of 2016.
During the past six years, Dr. Gillespie has expanded services provided, facility capacity, staff positions, and the patient base with steady, and often times tremendous growth.
Though the bulk of their dentistry practice is routine – cleanings, fillings, and crowns, Dr. Gillespie has completed advanced training in many additional areas of dentistry. He believes their patients appreciate being able to get most of their dental needs taken care of in one place including extractions, dental implants, cosmetic dentistry, jaw joint pain treatment, and complete full-mouth rehabilitations.
They have also added a dedicated employee and specific time every day to take care of dental emergencies. When a patient is in pain, they can typically be seen within 24 hours or less. With expanded services, they rarely need to refer a patient to a different facility out of town.
Dr. Gillespie understands being blessed with growth has also provided challenges. They want to accommodate all our patients but will never sacrifice quality of care. They have added employees to maintain their standard. They have also invested in infrastructure converting to more efficient sterilization, instruments, and operatory set ups. These little changes have allowed them to maximize the time spent on direct patient care.
The Dental Center is able to hire and retain employees by offering a competitive salary and benefits, Dr. Gillespie and his wife Kristin strive to provide a workplace that their employees can both enjoy and be proud of. Team building is also a big component of their culture, including regular happy hours, celebrations, and community activities as a team. Many of these events are documented on the Travis Gillespie, DDS Facebook page.
Giving back to the community that supports them is a core value of the Dental Center. Here are a few highlights of the impact Dental Center makes in supporting Hutchinson & Reno County:
- Awarding an annual scholarship for a local student who will attend HCC
- A pro-bono kids dental day every year for back to school
- Veteran’s Smile Day, providing free dental care to veterans
- Cancer Council in providing treatment to patients in need of dental care to facilitate their cancer treatments
- Dr. Gillespie spends a lot of his time away from the office involved in kid’s activities, including coaching several Hutch Rec teams.
- In addition to providing the annual scholarship for an area HCC student, Dr. Gillespie is an active supporter of Blue Dragon athletics