Hutchinson Community College
In the spring of 1928, Hutchinson voters approved the establishment of a two-year co-educational college to be known as the Hutchinson Junior College. The college held its first classes that fall. Enrollment was 187 students – 172 freshmen, 15 sophomores. Classes were held on the second and third floors of a newly constructed addition to Hutchinson High School at Seventh and Walnut.